Ayurveda, a 5000-year-old healing system with its origin in the Indian subcontinent, is now practiced by people all across the world. It is a natural healing system that aims to rejuvenate the body holistically through varied natural means. Ayurvedic treatments and therapies are based on the principle that our health and wellness depend on an ideal balance between the body, mind, and spirit. Any disruption in this balance can lead to severe health problems and complications. Therefore, ayurvedic practitioners emphasize the importance of diet, exercise, and sleep to maintain a long and healthy life. Ayurveda in Melbourne and other regions have gained significant popularity owing to its wide range of treatments and strong healing potential.
There are varied ayurvedic treatments available such as natural herbs, medicines, exercises, diets, etc. All of these have distinct healing power that can accelerate the body’s natural healing systems. Irrespective of the treatment types, Ayurveda promotes the power of nature and its varied benefits to human life. Whether it’s the ayurvedic medicines or an ayurvedic massage in Sydney, the treatment is dependent on natural herbs and extracted oils. In our technology and the chemical-driven world, we often tend to neglect the high efficiency of natural herbs and resources. Although these factory-manufactured products and medicines deliver instant results, they negatively impact our bodies in multiple ways.
What are Ayurvedic massages?
Ayurvedic massage in Sydney has been a crucial part of ayurvedic treatments. No matter whether you are suffering from some illness or not, an ayurvedic massage is suitable for all. Just like a machine needs oiling to function smoothly, our body needs an ayurvedic massage to keep our organs and body healthy. Ayurvedic massages include the uses of varied natural and essential oils that relieves your body of physical strain while relaxing muscles and joint inflexibility. Not just that, ayurvedic massages help in taking care of a variety of ailments such as body strengthening, body nourishing, improved eyesight, etc.
Ayurvedic massages are aimed at improving blood circulation and stimulation in the body. During the session, the ayurvedic practitioner follows a definitive pattern of physical touch and pressing points that tend to activate the body’s energies in the body. This encourages the body to self-heal and eliminate the toxins out of the body. An ayurvedic massage has high therapeutic benefits when performed using the right oils and medicines. The oils used in such massage sessions have proven to be highly detoxifying and promote overall health rejuvenation. These massages facilitate symptomatic relief of stress and anxiety while making you feel more positive and energized, both mentally and physically.
Different types of Ayurvedic Massages
As per Ayurveda in Melbourne, our body is made up of three life forces, also known as the Doshas that regulate most of our body activities. It is believed that any imbalance in these doshas can affect our health and peace of mind to great extents. Therefore, any ayurvedic treatment is aimed toward stabilizing the life forces in sync. Ayurvedic massage is effective and has proven to be efficacious in calming the body while offering appropriate care. Some of the common types of ayurvedic massages that one can opt for are as follows:
- Abhyanga: This is one of the most common types of ayurvedic massages that are performed using herbal oils and penetrated through the skin cells and tissue to have a relaxing impact on the body. Abhyanga also helps in removing impurities and eliminating slack wastes from the body.
- Udvartana: This is a special type of ayurvedic massage in Sydney that follows a herbal steam bath wherein the heart and body are kept cool while the body gets heated. This aims at removing the physical dirt and impurities accumulated inside the body cells and tissues.
- Shirodhara: Shirodhara is focused on synchronizing the brain waves while ensuring a calm effect on the whole body. In this, the ayurvedic practitioner applies warm medical oil to the person’s forehead in a systematic and methodical way.
- Pizhichil: Being one of the most common types of ayurvedic massages, Pizhichil involves using special warm herbal oil across the entire body that is massaged in uniform motions. The oil used in this massage penetrates deep into the tissues and refreshes the body completely.
- Garshana: Ideal for blood circulation and detoxification, Garshana is performed by brushing off the dry skin using soft wool or silk gloves. The purpose of this type of ayurvedic massage is to cleanse the skin from impurities while improving blood circulation.
Ayurvedic massage in Sydney is an amazing way to enhance the quality of living while fighting various health issues. Massages are always relaxing for the body, mind, and spirit which leaves a calming effect. Unlike other types of massages, Ayurvedic massages focus on activating the body’s energies following therapeutic techniques that not only de-stresses the body but also encourage its natural healing power. Ayurveda is safe for all and one can enjoy its varied benefits, irrespective of health and past medical records.