For decades, driveway gates are constructed with metal or wood. Although both these materials incorporate excellent features that suit most properties, metal driveway gates are more preferred by people these days. These gates create a strong & visually appealing barrier between the internal and external space of a property. And thus, installing a metal driveway gate is one of the best solutions for heightening the security of a property.
Metal gates are usually manufactured using metals like wrought iron, stainless steel, and aluminum. Each of these metal versions of driveway gates features unique properties. However, if you want a perfect combination of classic and modern design driveway gates, consider choosing the wrought iron ones. They feature both beauty and safety which is impossible to find in other materials.
Driveway Metal Gates: Designs
- Flat Top: Flat top driveway metal gates feature the simplest design among all the variants. Defining the structure, these gates come in rectangular shapes with a straight upper rail on the top of the gate
- Arched Top: This driveway metal gate adds elegance and stunning traditional appeal to properties. The upper rail of an arch-top driveway metal gate features a gradual sweeping arch. This metal gate style is a perfect solution for double swing gates.
- Arched Top with Finials: Compared to arched top driveway metal gates, arched top with finial gates come with an enhanced ornamental finish. Even their style differs from arched top metal gates as the top of their railing (finials) outstretch past the upper picket.
These are the basic designs available for driveway metal gates. However, you can opt for customized options based on your budget, home requirements, and preference.
Driveway Metal Gates: Opening Actions
Driveway metal gates feature two main opening actions – slide and swing. While sliding driveway gates slide along a track and lay by alongside the fence, swinging driveway gates easily open on either side of the fence. Amongst the two, swinging gates are more popular as they occupy less space alongside the fence. Single swinging driveway gates are ideal for smaller openings whereas double swinging gates are ideal for larger openings.
Driveway Metal Gates: Reasons to Install
Metal driveway gates are not only preferred for their aesthetics and construction but also their mechanics and operation. Their strength and durability make them a popular choice when it comes to choosing a secured barrier for a property. Wondering whether to install driveway metal gates at home? Here are the reasons why you should install metal gates as a barrier between the interior and exterior of your house.
- Aesthetically Appealing: A metal driveway gate adds elegance and class to a property. They are usually available in a wide range of styles, designs, and shapes, allowing property owners to choose one that can best complement their preference, home requirement, and budget. They not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of a property but also increase the security of the property and the family living in it.
- Sturdy: The most important aspect to bear in mind while choosing driveway gates is strength. So, what can be better than a metal driveway gate? Metal gates are extremely tough & sturdy which is why they have the potential to prevent dents, bending, and other damages. On top of all, they are highly resistant to harsh weather conditions. Unlike timber or vinyl driveway gates, metal gates stand strong to defend strangers and burglars from intruding into the property.
- Easy Maintenance: Metal gates are much easier to maintain than their timber counterparts. You need not spend time or money to clean and maintain driveway metal gates frequently. You can simply consider maintaining your metal gates periodically. You can hire expert professionals to repair parts of your metal gates that reflect signs of wear, tear, and rust. Besides, you can rinse the gate occasionally to keep it dust and dirt-free. That’s all you need to do to maintain your driveway metal gates.
- Affordable: Compared to hardwood driveway gates, metal gates are quite cheaper. Moreover, they last longer than wooden gates. This makes them a more cost-effective solution than other variants of driveway gates. Once you install a metal driveway gate on your property, you can expect it to last for at least a couple of decades. Of course, you can opt for expensive metal gates but that completely depends on your choice and preference.
- Environment Friendly: Metal gates are an eco-friendly solution as most of them are constructed using recyclable materials. This leaves minimal impact on the environment and natural resources. On the other hand, driveway gates made up of wood requires the felling of trees which degrades the environment drastically. So, if you are looking for an eco-friendly driveway gate option, consider choosing metal gates.
Metal is inevitably the best option when it comes to selecting driveway gates. However, ensure purchasing it from a reliable and reputed manufacturer that specializes in constructing metal fences, stair railings , driveway metal gates, balconies, metal furniture, etc.